Iran‘s chief of armed forces Staff General Hassan Firouzabadi warned on Thursday that his country would hit US forces stationed in the Middle East if it was attacked by the United States, the Fars news agency reported.
Firouzabadi said that if Washington presents Iran with a serious threat and undertakes any measure against Iran, none of the American soldiers who are currently in the region will return home alive. “If the US takes action against Iran, then the threats against it will become a thousand times more, its economic problems will increase and it will lose more markets,” Fars quoted Firouzabadi as saying.
Earlier on Wednesday, Iranian Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi already warned Israel it would face immediate retaliation, if it dares to launch an attack on Iran. Vahidi furthermore said Tel Aviv was too weak to launch a war against Iran, adding that Teheran’s reaction may be so that there would “remain nothing of the regime”.