Saudi forces raid Yemen’s villages

Yemen’s Shiite Zaidi rebels stated that Saudi Arabia has intensified military offensive against them and Saudi fighter planes carried out almost a dozen air raids in northern villages on Tuesday. No casualty reported.

These latest military offensives against the rebels occurred after the Yemeni government as well as the Saudi government rejected a ceasefire offer from Zaidi rebel leader Abdel Malik al-Houthi two weeks ago, due to the absence of a promise to end attacks on Saudi Arabia.

Last month, al-Houthi announced in an audio message released on the Internet the offer of a ceasefire with government forces, and said he accepted government’s five points to stop the war. However, the Yemeni government rejected the truce offer and clarified that it will accept the offer only if they would comply with the government’s sixth condition, which says not to attack Saudi Arabia.